Posted on 24 Apr 2009 by Justin Ruckman
REBarcamp Charlotte is shaping up to be pretty cool. What is it?
“RE Bar Camp is an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from attendees.”
That’s what the site says anyway. And it’s pretty descriptive of the Barcamp format (which if you’re not familiar, is just a click away), but it doesn’t speak to this event’s focus, which is real estate, and everything that goes with it, from blogging and building online communities, to working your Blackberry.
From the REBarcamp Charlotte website, here are some topics up for discussion:
- Blogging Basics
- Strategies of Blogging for Business
- Best Blogging Platforms
- Free Online Tools to Tweak Your Business
- Twitter Tips for Real Estate
- Facebook Marketing
- LinkedIn Business & Referral Strategies
- YouTube as a Business Builder
- Leveraging the Power of Social Networks like Active Rain
- Using Zillow to Grow Your Business
- Tricks of Marketing on Zillow
- What Makes Up a Good Website
- Driving Traffic to Your Website
- Online Lead Generation
- Clicks to Closing the Lead
- Building an Online Community
- Marketing Your Inventory the Web 2.0 Way
- Video Like a Pro
- How Do I Work This @$%^#! Smart (Dumb) Phone?
- Combining Offline and Online Marketing
- How Print Media Sees the Online World
- And MANY others!
The event will be all day May 15th (a Friday), at the up-and-coming Music Factory, followed by a day of R&R-slash-networking at the Whitewater Center. The Whitewater Center event is subject to entrance fees, but the 15th is completely free. These real estate guys know how to throw a dang conference.
When: May 15 (& 16)
Where: NC Music Factory (& USNWC)